Tuesday 20 January 2009

Now with the processer.

Well I still haven’t got a motherboard , I really should evidently, I am getting their though, I got my processer today from Kustom PC in Ayr, who I can’t recommend enough, the amount of information and help I get from them is invaluable. Anyway here’s a list of what I’ve got so far.


• Antec 1200 case
• Antec Quattro 1000 watt (1 Kilowatt) power supply unit
• Aero Cool FP-1 Memory card reader/temperature and fan monitor
• I’ve got a few sata hard drives lying about and one pata randomly, so I’ll be using one of them.
• A high speed DVD burner not sure on the details of it
• Intel Nehalem i7 920 running at 2.66 GHZ with 8MB smart Cache (basically it’s still at stock)


Still to get

• Motherboard (Foxx Conn renaissance)
• RAM/Memory (not sure on that yet)
• Graphics card (still haven’t decided on that one yet either, possibly a Nvidia GTX 285)
• A better CPU cooler as I intent to over clock it to 4GHZ

I’m looking forward to getting this all online, I’ve got a friend building one with a gigabyte motherboard and I’ve got 2 other friends who plan to start building one’s soon so it’ll be interesting to see what personal touches each other has and also I want to see what a lan party’s like with it.

I still need to get round to taking pictures and unboxing videos for anyone that wants it.

Again any advice is appreciated and please drop a line
The speed of this getting built is all down to how quickly I get my travel money from college backlogged, once I get that then I should be able to get everything in one

Stay frosty and good hunting everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment