Saturday 10 January 2009

Just a quick update

The motherboard didn't arrive when I had expected due to a stock shortage, at the moment the way things are I cancelled it to get my money back just in case they went into administration or some nonsense and I got ripped off of 300 duckets

however every cloud has it's silver lining, I was browsing about and I found Foxconns new board renaissance which supports quad SLI and quad crossfire and sports the x58 i7 architecture along with 4 x PCI express (generation 2) x 16 slots, it's also slightly cheaper so I’m probably going to end up going for that one.

also due to the business with scan and the gigabyte board they've not only given me a full refund but have also given me my next delivery from them totally free, I just have to ring them up and give them a code, which I thinks great considering they use private couriers, so I’ll probably wait till the end of this month, or if I sell my PS3 and order my motherboard and CPU in one along with memory, then that just leaves the graphics card since I’ve already got hard and optical drives going about


the decision I haven’t made however is what graphics card to go for, I know everything becomes obsolete very quickly in the computing world, I have a friend who got the GTX 280, then a fortnight later the 295 was announced,

Originally I was going to get a cheap 30 quid 8400 or 8600 Nvidia just so I could boot it up and do the usual stuff but now I’m thinking about shelling out on a 280/285 since the price is coming down hard. I’m not sure it's still 50/50 with me at the moment, also depends if I decide to get a 4GB stick of ram.


Again any advice is more than welcome and much obliged, I still need to get pictures up of the case and PSU and maybe even start a video playlist on YouTube for you

So drop a line and I’ll get back to you

Malcolm

No comments:

Post a Comment